sábado, 11 de septiembre de 2010

The Chilean Army's Changing Outfit

I found this advert on a university magazine a while back. I thought that it was an interesting way to portray how the Chilean military (like that of any country anyway), has always been changing throughout these 200 years. Note how the original inhabitants of this land, the Mapuche, seemed to have minimalist military outfits (of course that's not true, perhaps they dressed like that all the time), and the colonials had some unwieldy outfits that probably made them really inefficient for combat. Colours fade to greys and then to the typical greens & browns of modern outfits. Seems funny, back then, was the idea that they had to look nice, or as bombastic as possible or what? ''Hey! Look at me! I'm bright blue and red! I'm very well camouflaged among... uh, my fellow soldiers!''

(click for larger view)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario