lunes, 12 de julio de 2010

Weaving Goddamn Webs

Do you use Twitter? Perhaps, if you have the time to indulge in such things. Facebook? Probably unless you're worried about privacy and well, you realise that nobody really needs one. A blog? Like this one or something else (even if it's the lame Fotolog)? If you have more than one account on anything in the web it probably means you have the time for that. I am sick of it, I don't want to sift through Facebook messages, or in any other social website (I have Multiply and it's the same story...). There's a lot more important work outside to do.

''But dude, then what are you doing posting on this blog then?''

Takes less time. Nobody else needs to have an account to comment. No hassle. Dunno, I thought it was a cool idea when I started it. I thought the same out of this stupid Formspring account but it seems it's dead. You can ask me something but who are we kidding, eh? The Multiply account I mentioned before, also. It was a nice place where to post random things, a lot like this place too. I befriended a couple of people there from all over the world and share things about anything. Really nice and fun people. Although we're all just online identities here, it's a shame maybe. I feel clogged up with all this stuff.

But then, Google Sites came in handy. It's like my own portable bookmarks page with anything I find useful. So that's more personal.

But then things mount up! For instance, my music project at Reverbnation, and then I'm releasing the music in Bandcamp too! Aaargh! It seems like it may save some time or be helpful promoting the music, but this is maybe a bit too much.

Then there's DeviantArt. I'm okay with it... I won't complain...
*coughlotsofmessagescoughcough*


However, there's an even more pressing issue here; if you've everywhere, it may be good when you're trying to promote something (so far my music and art provide me zero income), but it also makes you vulnerable to being found, um, and many other things. Here's Juanelo (in Spanish and translated below) summing up an important idea!


Juanelo belongs to Marco Canepa. All rights reserved. Vida larga a Juanelo.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario