lunes, 19 de julio de 2010

Hyperrealism and Abstract Art

Artist Nicolás Radic (who I met on one occasion, pleasant dude) broke my brain with several of his crazy hyperrealist paintings. Particularly that series of paintings I saw printed in a booklet my dad gave me called ''La Trampa De Luz'' (The Light Trap). I'm still impressed at the level of observation and precision required to replicate on oil and canvass the things he does, for example, the reflections a crumpled sheet of tinfoil creates. And that's why they're like abstract art but coming from realistic styles of painting, because what is reflected on his subjects is far removed from what it originally was. Wowee.


Óleo Sobre Tela

Then again, thinking about the process that went into making each of his works is really interesting. It seems that in this one, funnily enough, he's painting another painter, and his painting! And the reflections on a camera and every little detail. Really interesting, art within art:

espacios confinados

More of his paintings can be seen on these sites:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario