miércoles, 7 de julio de 2010

Goddamit I Love Space Art!

''Space art?'', you say.
''Yes, of course! Art about planets n' stars n' black holes and loads of crazy stuff we don't actually know much about!'' I answer, my eyes as bright as fictitious constellations.
''Pfft, you don't need talent to draw stars, just paint white dots on a canvas and you'll get there!''
I suddenly darken up, and in a distant and redshifting manner I utter:
''It takes a lot more than that, even for simple stuff like star fields, mofo.''

Although I gotta say that realistic planets are even harder to create, but it's not that hard.
This really nice tutorial by the awesome Greg Martin (what a kickass website he has!) leads us into the basics of making realistic and beautiful star fields in Photoshop. Although it's true to some extent that it's all about ''painting stars at random'', this guy shows an excellent way of creating stars without painting them individually, and without the use of crappy starfield generators. Intuition at the helm!

So, did it work? I haven't had time to fully flesh out something, but my first attempt was okay. This is it:
...Yeah, it's alright. Not posting this in DeviantArt.

However, I want to understand eventually how these beauties are made:


Sea of Divinity 2 by *dylanxedge on deviantART


Lost in Bitterness... by =synax444 on deviantART


Brutus by *TixoL on deviantART

Ahem. Does this count as space art? NO!
However, it makes a nice wallpaper (I think).


Space Jungle Tile by ~skinsvideos21 on deviantART

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario