lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

My current obsession with flamenco guitar

As my next album nears completion, there's a track that was a bit like flamenco that I decided to re-record. It wasn't that bad, but I lost the original files and couldn't polish the mix, so I opted for doing the whole thing again. And me being me, I dived into the world of flamenco guitar and listened to Paco de Lucía for hours. I'm really getting into this; it's so much fun playing this kind of music, but it's also as hard as feck.




So, in my quest to unlock gypsy and middle-eastern roots in my Spanish guitar, I've found tons and tons of flamenco techniques that I had no idea about. It's amazing how many awesome ways of making the guitar sing exist!

So here are the ones that really really got me:

Golpe technique:


Rumba flamenca:


Rasgueado (the most known one):


Different Rasgueado:


Bulerías (this is the hardest one I've found, aghh!!)


Crazy-ass mofo comes up with a flamenco-ish technique when trying a Victor Wooten slap bass thing:


Using ''picado'' (fingerpicking) to play arpeggios:




So yeah... I've had my hands doin' these crazy gitano things lately, and also, this has sparked my interesting in Gypsy music. Last Friday was listening to things ranging from Django Reinhardt's gypsy jazz music to Bulgarian wedding music, seriously some of the craziest and most awesome music in the world!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario