lunes, 30 de agosto de 2010

Dj Shackles . Crazy Dubmetalstep thingy

Dubstep is a new kind of thing to me, even though it's been around for like a decade now (as if I'd listen to music through the web when I was nine...), and I've been growing to like it a lot. I dunno, it can be harsh, heavy, it can make you wanna get up and shake your goddamn booty or get you into a trance. And still I don't really know how to describe the music since it all sounds so different... isn't that great? Not like other kinds of music (gangsta rap, reggaeton, metalcore and trance, you all heard me).

So! Dj Shackles (what a name) makes some grindingly heavy dubstep that occasionally sounds more like heavy metal, really, really dancy heavy metal. Anyway listen for yourself this oddity:

SHACKLES - WOLVES AMONG SHEEP by SHACKLES

The mixture is cool, the drums alternate between realistic heavy metal drumwork and more dubstep-ish sounds. The guitars sound a little glitchy for my taste.

Here it almost feels like it could lead nicely into a DnB track but he artfully brings all the weird crap that makes dubstep dubstep. Interesting indeed:

SHACKLES - DARK HARMONIX by SHACKLES

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario